How do you make a simple bow?
How to make a simple single loop bow
- Start by cutting a long piece of ribbon.
- Make a loop, like shown.
- Bring the middle of the loop down to where the ribbons cross, and cinch it with your fingers.
- Secure with string or wire.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon for the “knot”.
- Glue knot in place and secure ends on the back.
How much ribbon do you need to make a bow for a wreath?
How much ribbon is needed for a wreath bow? An average-sized bow uses about 3 yards of ribbon.
How do you make a large bow for a wreath?
- Make the center of your bow by creating a small loop.
- Keep your thumb inside the loop, holding down the end of your ribbon as you make the rest of the bow.
- From that center loop, create a bigger loop on each side, going back and forth while holding the center.**
- Make 4 loops on each side of equal size.