- 1 Can you use a coat hanger to make a wreath?
- 2 How many ornaments do I need for a hanger wreath?
- 3 How do you make a wreath with a wire hanger and tissue paper?
- 4 How do you shape a wire hanger?
- 5 How do you make a Christmas ball with a hanger wreath?
- 6 How do you make a wreath with real pine branches?
- 7 What can you make with wire hangers?
Can you use a coat hanger to make a wreath?
1. Bend the coat hanger into circle (it doesn’t have to be perfect). You can leave the hook on for easy hanging, or snip it off and hang your wreath on something else. I ‘d always take it off for a neater, less this- used -to-be-an-old- coat – hanger look, but each to their own.
How many ornaments do I need for a hanger wreath?
-about 80 ornaments (the ornaments from Dollar Tree come in packs of 12, so I bought 6 packs and then I also used about 8 tiny ornaments from my daughter’s small tree… don’t tell her I took them!) -glue gun (just in case! I only had to use it on 2 ornaments!) 1.
How do you make a wreath with a wire hanger and tissue paper?
Easy DIY: Tissue Paper Wreath
- You’ll need: * a wire hanger.
- Cut strips of tissue paper into 8 inch strips. No need to be completely accurate with this step.
- Go all the way around. Once finished, fluff up the pieces to fill it out and trim any pieces that are too long.
- the hanger and then finish it off with a ribbon.
How do you shape a wire hanger?
- Cut the wrapped wire and hook off the hanger with wire cutters. This will leave a triangular shape to work with.
- Bend the center of the large, bottom section upward to form a diamond shape with the hanger.
- Curve the top two sides with pliers.
- Push the side corners together to overlap the ends of the curves.
How do you make a Christmas ball with a hanger wreath?
- Untwist your wire hanger and mold the wire into a circle.
- Begin putting the ornaments on your wreath by looping them onto the wire through their top hook opening.
- When your wreath is full of ornaments, twist the two metal ends back together to connect the wreath.
How do you make a wreath with real pine branches?
Start the wreath by taking a few different boughs of greenery and bunching them together at the base of the branch. Take the bundle, and place it against the wreath form. Use your floral wire to wrap around both the bundle and the form a few times, until it feels secure. Do NOT clip the wire when you are finished.
What can you make with wire hangers?
10 Handy Things You Can Do With a Wire Hanger
- Declog a drain. Simply unwind the neck and fold the hook tighter to create a slim snake that gets the gunk out.
- Support a feeble plant.
- Make a wreath.
- Skim debris off pools.
- Corral flip flops.
- Fight static cling.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Store magazines.